Monday, May 23, 2005

We Are Many

Hello our old friend. I see you've set us free. The forces are in motion.

The crow feather of my discontent rules me. I cannot escape from under its weight. I want to sleep, but they won't let me. This weight is all I can bear.

Hello our old friend. I see you've set us free. The forces are in motion.

The choir likes repetition and canon. As verses mount, my crow feather wearies me.

Hello our old

Every bit hurts. Each syllable echoes in four directions.

Friend, I see you've
Hello our old

The singing blurs together, like a tempest of voices.

set us free
friend, I see you've
hello our old

Recursive experience just leads me back.

the forces are
set us free
friend, I see you've

Things change shape around me, but the choir sings faster, like near collection time at a Baptist church.

In motion
the forces are
set us free

If I try to speak, they stop me. Words change and phrases mutate into strange concoctions of transversed numerals and poor enunciation.

in motion
the forces are

Fate is fickle.

in motion

But I am not: weigh your cluster of grapes against the crow feather of my discontent.

Hello our old friend. I see you've set us free. The forces are in motion

No comments: