Monday, April 17, 2006

Silent Ben Hur

I'm going to watch the 1925 silent Ben Hur movie; it usually gets me thinking of things that don't hurt. I probably should have watched it yesterday, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm going to try to meet my friend, Nick to play test my rules for Bronze Age adventures in the Trojan War. Nick's awesome; his pain threshold is even better than mine. He has some gut pains and horrible migranes. I can tell he's in pain a lot, but he doesn't complain about it, not even just to show off how much he can take.

We were in 8th grade shop class together, and he cut a piece of wood for a CO2-powered race car as part of an assignment. As usual, I was slacking off, and bummed the other half of the piece of wood; I chose the fast piece. We were acquaintances before then, but when I won the race, I decided that he's a good guy to be a friend. I've been grateful for his friendship and generosity every day since then. Thanks, Nick, my oldest friend.

No comments: